A Simple Idea For Healthcare
The Castlegar & District Hospital Auxiliary Society was formed in the latter part of 1956 and became a member of the British Columbia Association of Healthcare Auxiliaries in 1957. In the past we were known as the “Ladies Auxiliary” and are still referred to as such.
The Auxiliary has several male members, some who are husbands of the wives who are members. These male members help with the repairs, cleanup, storage and packing seasonal suitcases off site. We could not operate without their help. Thank you Guys!
Our volunteers fund raise in the community by operating a thrift store known as the Hospital Auxiliary Treasure Shop. The Auxiliary also operates an Auxiliary Gift Shop located in the Castlegar and District Community Health Centre that carries brand new clothing for infants/young children and gifts for patients of the health centre. These items are made exclusively for the Auxiliaries’ Gift Shops throughout the province.
More About Us
History | Directors | Photo Gallery
Click here to learn about the Hospital Auxiliary Society history.
Click here to learn more about the people who make the difference.
Click here to view photos that tell our story in the community.